It may feel like there is always so much to do and you are always juggling your time between work, family, friends, and other commitments. This feeling often feels like too much at times and it can make you feel as though you have little to no energy and cannot focus properly.
Learning to manage your stress levels is always a work in progress. There are certain techniques that will help with different situations.
When you start to feel your stress increasing – try to recognize what it is that is making you feel that way and remember that feeling wont last forever. Some ways that could help reduce your stress levels include:
- Exercise regularly. Having a small workout or even just a walk will help to relax your mind and boost your mood. Try to add exercise into your daily routine as this will benefit your body and mind.
- Have a hot bath or shower. This well help loosen up your muscles and help you become less tense and more relaxed.
- Focus on having deep breaths. Yes, you have probably heard this a lot, but it really does work. Get comfortable and take a deep breath in, hold for a few seconds, and then let a big sigh out the mouth. Do this for 3-5 minutes and you will feel a difference.
- Eat a well-balanced diet. Make sure you are getting all the nutrients you need. Try not to skip any meals and ensure you include protein, fat, and carbs in all your meals. This will help keep your energy levels and mood up.
- Make time for yourself. Take a few minutes or hours in the day that is dedicated to just you and what you enjoy doing. Whether that be cooking, watching a movie, exercising, etc.
- Speak to a friend. Explaining why you are stressed to someone can help you understand your situation better and your friend may even be able to give some helpful advice.
- Take a moment to write down what you are grateful for. Taking a moment to reflect what you are grateful for will help your mind shift to a more positive outlook which may help you look at your stressful situation differently.
Remember that you are not alone in feeling stressed. Life is full of ups and downs and even though you cannot control what happens – you can control how you react to it.
Slow down, breath and know that it will all be okay 😊