Are you finding it hard to stay motivated and active on these rainy days?
We get it – you are not alone.It is so much easier tohit that snooze button in the morning instead of getting that workout in or missing the gym class after work to go binge watch Netflix on the sofa.
So here are some tips on how to stay motivated on those rainy days:
- Get yourself some warm/waterproof gym wear.This will help you keep warm and will motivate you to go exercise so you can wear/show off your new outfit!😉
- Put on some upbeat music. Music is scientifically proven to improve your mood. Put on your favourite song and start singing and dancing along.
- Do a little warm up indoors. Start off by doing a few jumping jacks and stretches to get the blood flowing and to get you feeling warm. I bet you that a few minutes into it…you will feel ready to tackle your workout.
- Exercise indoors.If youarereally not feeling up for training or running in the rain, then do a little HIIT or LIIT workout in your house. Something is always better than nothing.
- Plan out your workout for the week in advance and put it in your diary. Do this so that you commit to training on certain daysandat certain times. Consider the workout as a “meeting” that youcannot miss.
- Remind yourself why you started your fitness journey. Think of how good you will feel after. You can go to bed knowing that you accomplished all you intended to that day. There is nothing better than going to bed with your “to-do list” for the day all ticked off.
- Have a cup of coffee.Often the rainy weather can make us feel tired and lazy. Make yourself a cup of coffee and whilst the kettle is boiling – dance around the kitchen to start warming up. Have your coffee, feel that extra energy and smash that workout. (or even better –have an Upbeat protein water to get that extra boost of energy AND protein to feed those muscles)
The trick is to just start, after a few minutes you will be feeling the workout vibe!!
STOP PROCRASTINATING AND JUST DO IT (the quicker you start – the quicker its over😉)