This privacy notice sets out how we Upbeat brands, a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales, UK with a company number 7780239 whose registered office is at 50 Fishers Lane, Orwell, Hertfordshire, SG8 5QX, United Kingdom (“We, Us or Our”), use and protects any personal information we collect or generate in relation to you whilst using this site.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016 / 679 (“GDPR”) and UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). We have reviewed and updated our policies, processes and procedures accordingly.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, how we will treat it and the cookies that we use.
By visiting www.upbeatdrinks.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Upbeat Brands Ltd. are the Data Controller for your information when you use this website.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We act as Data Controller when we collect your personal information:
- When you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Site to place an order.
- When you create an account with us or you change your account settings.
- When you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order delivery).
- When you contact us directly via email or message.
- When you browse and use our Site (before and after you create an account with us).
- We monitor how visitors use our Site, to help us improve our services, site functionality and optimise customer experience.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We act as Data Controller when we collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, purchase our products and when you report a problem with our site.
- The information you give us includes your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, debit or credit card information.
Information we collect about you using Session cookies. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following anonymizedinformation:
- technical information including: the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; device type; time accessed; location and duration of your visit to our site
Lawful basis for using your data
- Contact data you give to us when you:
- Complete a ‘contact us’ form on the Site
- Email us regarding a question or query
- Subscribe to our newsletter – we provide you with information about our products or offers we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
Performance of contract
Personal data you provide to us in order to:
- to fulfill your orders / process refunds or to meet any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- to notify you about changes to our service / deliveries
Cookie data we collect when you use our Site:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
Links to other websites
Our site contains links to other social media sites we use, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We also have links to client and partners websites.
As you probably realise, once you use these links we do not have any control over that external site, so we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting those sites.
Please do exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to external sites.
Data Processor agreements
We have ensured data processors have committed to implementing industry standard appropriate technical and organisational measures to meet their obligations under the Data Protection regulations. For US based Shopify and Stripe, they are registered with the US-EU Privacy Shield.
Shopify Purchases and Payments
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc, who provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment via direct payment gateway
- when you make a purchase using a direct payment gateway, Shopify stores your credit card data.
- It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- Your purchase transaction data is stored only for as long as necessary to complete your purchase transaction.
- After your purchase transaction is complete, your information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard and American Express. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Payment via Stripe
Payment via PayPal
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties in order to deliver products or services to you:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products we feel may interest you, where you have subscribed to our newsletter.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products from wow hydrate and any promotions which will be similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- From time to time, we may disclose anonymized demographic information about clients to agencies who assist us with marketing campaigns – no personally identifiable data is sent, but we do provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WowHydrate Limited , our customers, or others.
- On very rare occasions this may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You are entitled to ask about the data that is held about you, subject to certain exceptions. This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR). These should be made by email or in writing to our Data Protection Manager at the following addresses:
Post: 50 Fishers Lane, Orwell, Hertfordshire, SG8 5QX, United Kingdom
In addition, the Data Protection regulation provides the following rights for individuals:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
We will make every attempt to ensure you are satisfied with our handling of your data queries or requests. However, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are not satisfied with our handling of your requests about the protection of your data. Follow the link below to report a concern to the ICO.
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice will be posted on this page.
Last updated October 2018
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Session cookies (analytical/performance cookies). They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We do not currently use these types of cookies:
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 9 months.
How to delete and block our cookies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. We do not expect this to affect your use of the site due to the limited type of cookies that we use.
How to opt out of Google Analytics
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all sites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to opt out of sending Personal Identifiable Information to Google
To ensure you are not sending PII to Google, following this link: